Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"Runners" Unite

I am trying to gather a "team" of runners (very loose usage) who would like to run the Whiterock Half-Marathon in November in Dallas. I don't think that we are going to run together necessarily, or at least not frequently. I think that it is helpful to know other people who are training towards the same goal. This will be my third attempt to complete training for a half, the last two were shelved b/c of pregnancy/nursing, and I am really hoping that the third time is a charm. I am personally not interested in having a good time, I am determined to keep running a thing that is not driven by competition for me. I run very slowly and only want to finish having run the whole way. This is very feasible, especially since I am not concerned about time.

Some people who have shown interest in this are: Wade, Josh, Kirsten, Jessica (I think), Chewy (Carolyn), Stephanie, Becky Bruning, Della, Collin (rumor of it), and Wade's brother, Mason. If anyone else is interested, email me and we can talk about it. Even if you are not a "runner", you must realize that Oprah Winfrey ran a full marathon, and not to be rude, but if she can do that, you can run a half. The general plan is to build up a base of running until August, and then start actual half-marathon training. I have access to some good plans, and there are these for every kind of person from wanting to finish to wanting to make everyone else look like statues!

I am thinking of team names presently. Just kidding. Kind of.

4 Comments:

Blogger klp said...

let me know if you guys run it, i'm planning on doing the half, too. i'll join your team!!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Della said...

My sister Amy wants in.

12:55 PM  
Blogger OneoftheServens said...

when is it?

5:59 AM  
Blogger keely said...

crazy. runners are crazy. i only run if/when my life is in danger. then i let adrenaline, not training, get me through.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home