Wednesday, March 14, 2007

some pics

These are some pictures from our visit last weekend to the OKC Zoo and some from our daily lives. You know, we have the third best zoo in the nation. This weekend they opened a new exhibit called Oklahoma Trails. It is really awesome. We had so much fun and the children, as always, were enthralled by the animals. I have bittersweet feelings about zoos. Ours seems kept very well, but still the imprisonment is very sad. The new exhibit is very open and the animals seem little restricted. Above is Piper the sea lion we watched at the Fin and Feathers show. The children especially enjoyed this. Particularly Knox, who watches it, quite captivated as you can tell in the next picture. Watching this show was great because I got to bring out the sports lens on my camera, which I have rare occasion to employ. I super enjoy using that lens. I felt that I got to enjoy the show as from first row even though our seats were pretty far.


The older ones enjoying the sounds of the scaled down version of Turner Falls. This is part of the new exhibit and it is really cool. There are a couple of waterfalls and the bears seem to enjoy them.


This is Knox at home in his precrawl position. As of today he has officially failed to meet the age standards
for crawling that his older siblings attained. It is not like we love him less because he didn't crawl at five months, but we are a little disappointed. Just kidding. I promise.


We are having a lot of dress up around the house these days. It is really innate in girls to do this because I am just not a makeup or accessory girl and Norah Catherine loves both. Not that we allow her to actually use makeup but she has pretend makeup that she loves to use. How does she know how one puts on lipstick? I have not worn lipstick ever except when Kirsten made me for Valerie Hilliard's wedding. And then Norah Catherine was inside of me so I am pretty sure she couldn't see what we were doing. I think this is all because Chewy lived with us for a summer. No one accessorizes like those Stafford girls.




Whit on the way to his soccer game. He and Aiden play on the same team. So cute. I mean masculine.





this is whit and aiden at soccer practice. it is good to be a soccer mom.







This is Chewy and Norah Catherine on the way out the door to go to ballet. At two and a half, this really means she is in a room with a mirror and spins around until she falls over. And with other girls doing the same thing, it is super fun to her. Definitely amusing for us.






























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home