Thursday, February 01, 2007

Overheard in our kitchen Thursday night

A guy Courtney dated in high school has become a recording artist (using loose terms here)and is playing the South by Southwest festival in Austin this spring. We wasted a really good amount of time looking at his myspace and amusing ourselves with the idea that this guy could be on the radio sometime soon. This is the conversation that followed while putting up the dishes...

"I mean, I can't believe he will be on my radio, that's crazy to me."

"Well, if he's playing South by Southwest, someone may hear him and put him on the radio. His stuff's poppy enough to make it."

"No, that's not right...he was a skinny basketball player. Skinny basketball players don't play music on the radio. I mean, he watches TV sideways and has body odor."

"Courtney, lots of people have body odor."

"Doesn't it seem like he's wasting his time?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I don't know...I mean he's 29, shouldn't he be married and having children?"

"Well he is married, so I guess he's halfway there."

"Yeah but doesn't the Bible say we should multiply and divide?"

Silence........

"Please homeschool my children..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home