Thursday, August 17, 2006

Turns of Events (Read: The Hits Just Keep on Coming)

Actually, By Wade

So the last few days have been interesting for us, to say the least. (That was, quite possibly, the most generic start to a post...please keep reading)

Yesterday we did some checking on the insurance that we had secured for Courtney for Knox's birth, just to make sure that we were in the clear. Upon making said call, we were told, "Oh yeah, just fax them the proof that you haven't had a lapse in coverage and you'll be in good shape..." Well, we have had a lapse in coverage, so holy crap we don't have health insurance. HOLY CRAP WE DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!
Then I remembered that this baby is transversed, which means a certain c-section. Have you priced out-of-pocket c-sections lately? Two words come to mind----second mortgage. So we did what it is we seem to do well here at my house.....we flipped out. big time.

But before I could turn in my application for a second job handing out hot ones at Krispy Kreme, I made another call to the insurance people this morning to find out that, oh, if you've had a lapse in coverage, this particular plan is just for you. Pregnant and can't get coverage any other way? Superb! This is what we can do for you.....I couldn't believe it. I almost drove my car off the road. So all is well, and I was going to surgery from noon to 4, then to the midwife with Courtney.
At 3:30, I get a call from a new doctor asking me to bring some stuff to him for a 4:30 surgery.....suck.
While in said surgery, Courtney called to tell me that Knox had TURNED AROUND INTO THE CORRECT POSITION. He's finally measuring correctly, and looks great....and I started crying. In surgery. I'm trying not to bawl while I tell the doctor what angle of version he needs to try to get on his shoulder prosthesis. He was finally like, "Are you alright?" And I told him the whole story about insurance and the transversed birthing position and massive hospital bills and peddling donuts. I may never get a call from him again....

Come on Knox....we're ready for you...

Love,
Daddy

8 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

Awesomeness, absolute.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hurray!

7:57 AM  
Blogger keely said...

Freakin terrific! What an answer to prayer!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Norman said...

Boo, donut funded mortgages. Hooray, Divine providence!

Seriously, Jewetts, we are so happy for you. May God continue to watch over you all.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

Praise the Lord!

6:16 AM  
Blogger OneoftheServens said...

it would be cool if you still worked at Krispy Kreme though.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!! I am so excited for you guys!! Jen

8:18 PM  
Blogger corbs said...

How hard did Whit have to hit his younger brother to make him turn around? Anyhow, way to go Whit!!!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home